Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hello Wilson!

Blake had a liver biopsy today to confirm a diagnosis of Wilsons Disease from his doctors. It is a condition where the liver cannot process the mineral, copper (who knew?). Only 1 in 30,000 people have this disease - so Blake is above normal:) He was so brave and such a trooper today - he didn't cry or show any fear through all the blood draws, IV's etc...he was actually really cool about the whole thing. He did however have a reaction to the anesthesia when they tried to wake him up. He apparently went "kung fu" (his brothers words) on the nurses - kicking, waving his arms, grabbing things, etc..oops. I would have loved to see that. Thank you to all our family and friends who prayed for him today. There was great peace about the whole thing and we are really blessed.
Blake in preop with his St. Patrick's Day hat (thanks ME)

Blake in recovery after a long "nap"

4 comments:

Lindberg Family said...

Great job to all from Blake for being the trooper he is, to Craig II for being the big brother, to mom and dad for being mom and dad! We love you all and have seen first hand the grace of God.

Anonymous said...

I cannot love him anymore than right now at this exact moment.

Lee

Anonymous said...

How brave is he?! God is good and was with Him wasn't He? I'm sorry that I have missed being with all of you on Sundays. :( Miss you all but I want you to know that I have been praying for you all and Blake. Any test results? You have proved to be strong in the Lord!!

Unknown said...

I really need to check blogs more often. And actually set up the lunch I keep talking about. I had no idea your family was dealing with this but I'm glad to hear there is a diagnosis and wish you all the best. You're in our thoughts and prayers.