
I received this recipe from a friend of ours almost a year ago,and I can't tell you how many times I have created it for dinner. I must say, it is so delicious. So thank you Tirsa, for our new family favorite! (I have modified it a few times to fit our family - but here is the original recipe)
Chicken Tortilla Soup
4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
2 (14.5oz) cans of chicken broth
1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T fresh lime juice
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 t. ground cayenne pepper
1/2 t. ground cumin
4 (10in) flour tortillas
1 T. olive oil
Shredded Monteray Jack and Cheddar Cheeses
1. Combine the chicken broth, green chilies, tomato with green chilies, onion and garlic in a large soup pot. Add the shredded chicken. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 - 35 minutes
2. Add the lime juice, cilantro, cayenne and cumin. Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes longer.
3. Cut the tortillas ans 1/2 x 2in. strips. Fry in hot olive oil in skillet until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
4. Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with cheese and tortilla strips
1 comment:
I was just thinking about it today. This is a great soup! Even Keith loves it. Thanks for the shout out :)
Post a Comment