Friday, September 19, 2008
Classroom Help
I had the privilege of helping in Blake's class this afternoon. I love that my job gives me the opportunity to be a Mom for school events when I need to be there. I had two concerns going in; one that I would be in the corner of the classroom with the "pet" snake that they have (seriously uncomfortable with that), or that Mr. Ritter would have me work on math with the kids. For those that know my educational history, math was quite possibly the most frustrating thing for me (BandAid can anyone - ha ha Dad!). But today I was pleasantly surprised when I found out I would be working with the kids on spelling. I love spelling! It was fun creating sentences for the words, watching the kids think over the spelling of that word before writing it on their paper, and then seeing the smile on their face when they got it right. Even if they didn't know the word, they sure did try their best. Thanks Mr.Ritter and Rm. 17 for the fun afternoon. Looking forward to next weeks adventures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment