Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My time with brudda Brett



I want to start by introducing my friend/brother Brett. Brett and I met in youth group.....some......HOLY SMOKE....25 years ago! We have been there through thick and thin with each other. We have been able to keep a great friendship by encouraging each other, giving and getting help from each other. So, I received this invitation from my aunt and uncle some time ago. I called Brett to find out what he was doing the weekend of Sept. 12th. He said uh, I am going to St. Louis on the 13th. Well, how 'bout coming up a day early to hang out? Long story short we were able to hook up and have a great time. The next day I took off for Wisconsin, hurricane Ike was soon to follow and was in Chicago Sunday morning.
Attached is a picture of the hotel lobby we stayed at. It is a converted train station (once called Union Station). It was awesome! They had their own little mall inside and the hotel rooms were built in the portion where the trains would come into the station.

No comments: